Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro w Touch Bar 2.4GHz Quad core 8th Gen Intel i5 512GB Silver(MV9A2X/A)
MacBook Pro elevates the notebook to a whole new level of performance and portability. Wherever your ideas take you, you’ll get there faster than ever with high‑performance processors and memory, advanced graphics, blazing‑fast storage and more.
Touch Bar with integrated Touch ID sensor
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colours
Supported scaled resolutions:
1680 by 1050
1440 by 900
1024 by 640
500 nits brightness
Wide colour (P3)
True Tone technology
13-inch model with Touch Bar
2.4GHz quad‑core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz and 128MB of eDRAM
Configurable to 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 4.7GHz and 128MB of eDRAM
Configurable to 1TB or 2TB SSD
8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
Configurable to 16GB of memory
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
CHARGING AND EXPANSION
Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD
Full-sized backlit keyboard with:
64 (US) or 65 (ISO) keys, including four arrow keys
Touch Bar with integrated Touch ID sensor
Ambient light sensor
Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display in millions of colours and:
Up to two displays with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz in over a billion colours
Up to four displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz in over a billion colours
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
VGA, HDMI, DVI and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
3.5-mm headphone jack
BATTERY AND POWER2
Up to 10 hours wireless web
Up to 10 hours iTunes movie playback
Up to 30 days of standby time
Built-in 83.6-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
87W USB-C Power Adapter
Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
Storage temperature: –25° to 45° C (–13° to 113° F)
Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
Operating altitude: Tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
Maximum storage altitude: 4,500 metres (15,000 feet)
Maximum shipping altitude: 10,500 metres (35,000 feet)
SIZE AND WEIGHT
Height: 1.49 cm (0.59 inch)
Width: 30.41 cm (11.97 inches)
Depth: 21.24 cm (8.36 inches)
Weight: 1.37 kg (3.02 pounds)3
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Mojave brings new features inspired by its most powerful users, but designed for everyone. So you can get more out of every click.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
Siri and Dictation
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
13-inch MacBook Pro
61W USB-C Power Adapter
USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
LIMITED WARRANTY AND SERVICE
Products that you purchase in Australia are covered by Australian consumer law.
Your MacBook Pro also comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one‑year limited warranty from Apple.
1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2. Testing conducted by Apple in April 2019 using preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD; and preproduction 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD. Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from the bottom or 75 per cent. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back 1080p HD content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from the bottom or 75 per cent. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched, and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration; see www.apple.com/au/batteries for more information.
3. Weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
4. iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
5. PVC-free AC power cord is available in all regions except India and South Korea.
6. MacBook Pro achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the US and Canada.