Apple 13inch MacBook Air 1.6GHz Dual Core 8th Gen Intel Core i5 256GB Gold (MVFN2X/A)
The most loved Mac is about to make you fall in love all over again. Available in silver, space grey and gold, the new thinner and lighter MacBook Air features a brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology, Touch ID, the latest-generation keyboard and a Force Touch trackpad. The iconic wedge is created from 100 per cent recycled aluminium, making it the greenest Mac ever.1 And with all-day battery life, MacBook Air is your perfectly portable do-it-all notebook.
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colours
Supported scaled resolutions:
1680 by 1050
1440 by 900
1024 by 640
16:10 aspect ratio
True Tone technology
Integrated Touch ID sensor
1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz and 4MB L3 cache
256GB PCIe-based SSD
Configurable to 512GB or 1TB SSD
8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
Configurable to 16GB of memory
BATTERY AND POWER2
Up to 12 hours wireless web
Up to 13 hours iTunes movie playback
Up to 30 days of standby time
Built-in 49.9‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
30W USB‑C Power Adapter; USB‑C power port
SIZE AND WEIGHT
Height: 0.41–1.56 cm (0.16–0.61 inch)
Width: 30.41 cm (11.97 inches)
Depth: 21.24 cm (8.36 inches)
Weight: 1.25 kg (2.75 pounds)3
Intel UHD Graphics 617
Support for Thunderbolt 3–enabled external graphics processors (eGPUs)
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display in millions of colours and:
One external display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at up to 60Hz
Up to two external displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at up to 60Hz
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
VGA, HDMI and Thunderbolt 2 output using adapters (sold separately)
720p FaceTime HD camera
CHARGING AND EXPANSION
Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB‑C) ports with support for:
Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
3.5-mm headphone jack
KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD
Full-sized keyboard with:
78 (US) or 79 (ISO) individual LED-backlit keys, including 12 function keys and four arrow keys
Ambient light sensor
Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
ELECTRICAL AND OPERATING
Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
Storage temperature: −25° to 45° C (−13° to 113° F)
Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
Operating altitude: Tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
Maximum storage altitude: 4,500 metres (15,000 feet)
Maximum shipping altitude: 10,500 metres (35,000 feet)
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Mojave brings new features inspired by its most powerful users, but designed for everyone. So you can get more out of every click.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
Siri and Dictation
Text to Speech
BUILT IN APPS4
LIMITED WARRANTY AND SERVICE
Products that you purchase in Australia are covered by Australian consumer law. Your MacBook Air also comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one‑year limited warranty from Apple.
IN THE BOX
30W USB‑C Power Adapter
USB‑C Charge Cable (2 m)
1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2018 using preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based MacBook Air systems with 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from the bottom or 75 per cent. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back 1080p HD content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from the bottom or 75 per cent. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched, and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration; see www.apple.com/au/batteries for more information.
3. Weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
4. iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
5. PVC-free AC power cord is available in all regions except India and South Korea.
6. Recycled material claim applies to the enclosure and is based on auditing done by UL LLC.
7. MacBook Air achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the US and Canada.